1. Assoc. Prof. Ibrahim Abu Bakar, Universiti Kebangsaan
Malaysia (UKM), "History of Islamic Studies in Malaysia."
2. Prof. Dato' Dr. Hj. Mahmud Saedon Awang Othman, Advisor
to Ministry of Religious Affairs, Brunei Darussalam, "History of
Islamic Studies in Brunei."
3. Prof. Wadja K. Esmula, Institute of Islamic Studies,
University of Philippines, "History of Islamic Studies in the Philippines."
4. Dr. Zamakhsyari Dhofier, Rector, IAIN Walisongo,
Semarang, Indonesia, "History of Islamic Studies in Indonesia."
5. Dr. Hasan Madmarn, Director, CIS-PSU, Pattani, Thailand,
"History of Islamic Studies in Thailand."
6. Dr. Hakimatullah Babu Sahib, Majelis Ugama Singapore,
"Islamic Educatyion in Singapore."
7. Special Address, Dr. Abdullah bin Salih al-Obaid,
Secretary General, Rabitah al-Alam al-Islami, Makkah, Saudi Arabia,
"The Significance of Islamic Studies in the Age of Globalization."
(In Arabic with English summary)
8. Prof. Dato'Osman bakar, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Universiti
Malaya (UM), Kuala Lumpur< Malaysia, "Towards a More Holistic,
Synthetic and Integrated Approach to Islamic Studies, The University
of Malaya Experience."
9. Dr. Jehad Muhammad Abu Naja, Islamic College, Yala,
Thailand, "Teaching Islamic Studies in Thailand." (In Arabic
10. Prof. Mitsuo Nakamura, Chiba University, Japan,
"Japanese Scholarship on Islam in Southeast Asia."
11. Dr. Wan Sabri, Head, Department of Usul al-Din and
Comparative Religion, International Islamic University (IIU), Selangor,
Malaysia, "Some Reflections on the Historical Development of Qur'anic
Exgesis in Southeast Asia."
12. Dr. H. Abdurachman Masud, IAIN, Walisongo, Indonesia,
"Why the Pesantren as Center of Islamic Studies Remains Unique
and Stronger in Indonesia?"
13. Dr. Ibrahim Zein, Dept. of Usul al-Din and Comparative
Religion, IIU, Malaysia, "Teaching Fiqh and Usul from Islamic Revealed
14. Dr. Vivienne S.M. Angeles, La Salle University,
Philadelphia, U.S.A., "From the Outside Looking in: American Scholarship
on Islam in Southeast Asia."
15. Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed, Faculty of Islamic Studies, Universiti
Brunei Darussalam, "Teaching Islamic Studies in the Institution
of Higher Learning in non-Arab World with or without Arabic -- A Dilemma."
16. Dr. Johan Meulman, INIS-IAIN, Jakarta, "Tradition
and Renewal within Islamic Studies in Southeast Asia: The Case of Indonesian
17. Assoc. Prof. Mohd. Nur Manuty, Centre for Community
Services and Continuing Education, IIU, Malaysia, "Islamic Studies
and Comparative Religion Studies in the ASEAN: The Case of Malaysia."
18. Dr. Muhammad Machasin, IAIN Sunan Kalidjaga, Yogyakarta,
Indonesia, "Christian-Muslim Relations in Southeast Asia in the
Point of View of the Journal The Muslim World."
19. Dr. Ahmed M. Abol-Khayr, Faculty of Education, Dimyat
University, Egypt, "The Prospects of the Silk Road in Reviving
Trade Relations between the ASEAN and Arab World." (In Arabic only)
20. Dr. H.M. Atho Mudzhar, Rector, IAIN Sunan Kalidjaga, Yogyakarta,
Indonesia, "The Study of Islamic Law in Indonesian Islamic Universities."
21. Dr. Aron Suthasasna, Institute of Middle East and
Muslim World Studies, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, "Teaching
Muslim World Studies Courses in Thai Universities: Problems and Approach."
22. Mr. Phu Van Han (JA Samad Han), Champa-Melayu Center
for Southeast Asian Studies, National Center for Social and Human Sciences,
Institute of Social Sciences, HochiMinh City, Vietnam, "Islamic
Community in Vietnam:
History and Participation in Vietnamese Social Communication -- Developing
Trends towards 21st Century."
23. Prof. Robert B. Albritton, Northern Illinois University,
U.S.A., "Studying Political Diversity among Muslims of Southern
24. Dr. Yusny Saby, IAIN Ar-Raniry, Aceh, Indonesia,
"The Role of Religious Leaders in Combatting the Colonial Occupation:
The Case of Aceh, Sumatra."
25. Dr. Wan Abdul Rahman Bin Hj. Wan Abas, Koplej Utama
Malaysia, Kelantan, Malaysia, "Politics and Islamic Studies: ASEAN
Political Systems and Educational Policies toward Islamic Studies in
the Age of Economic Growth and Globalization."
26. Prof. Iik Arifin Masurnoor, Dept of History, Universiti
Brunei Darussalam, "Islamic Education, State and Society in Brunei."
27. Rahmatullah bin Inayatullah Ahmad, Rabitah al^Alam
al-Islami, Makkah, "A Glance on the Relations Between the Arab
and Southeast Asian Peoples." (In Arabic only)
28. Prof. John Voll, Center for Christian-Muslim Understanding,
Georgetown University, U.S.A., "Islamic Studies: After Orientalism
and Area Studies."
29. Dr. Surin Pitsuwan, Minister of Foreign Affairs,
Royal Thai Government, "Islamic Studies and the Challenge of the
21st Century." (Oral presentation only)
30. Dr. Isma-ae Alee, CIS-PSU, Pattani, Thailand, "The
Future of Islamic Studies in Thailand."
31. Prof. Mohd Kamal Hassan, Holder of Malaysian Chair
in Islamic Stidies, Georgetown University, U.S.A.,"The Study of
Islam in Contemporary Malay-Indonesian Archipelago: Some General Observations."